LG Nexus 5 Root:- Do you want to root your phone? Did you know the what might affect your phone during your phone rooting? If no then you should know that rooting is a process of hacking your phone using program files which transferred in your phone operating system and allow you to modify any inbuilt software you want or even bypass the bootloader so that you could install custom recover app such as TWRP which is useful to take back of your internal storage data as well as useful in installing custom recovery or stock rom. There are currently three ways to root your phone but in this guide i will show you the sure short method to root and unroot your smartphone.
A bit about LG Nexus 5 before rooting
Display: 4.95 inch IPS HD (1080 x 1920 Resolution)
Launched: October 2013
Operating System: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Processor: 2.3 Ghz Quad Core
Internal Space: 16 GB
Battery : 2300 mAh Li-Po (Upto 11.2 hours of Talktime)
How to Root LG Nexus 5
Rooting a phone was never been easy in the past but thanks to the community of developers now there are various apps that allow you to root your phone without the need of computer. Below are the two step by step method in which i have mentioned how you can root you phone with or without PC.
Before following one of our methods to root your device please activate debugging mode in your smartphone.
1) Using Kingroot App
- Download and Install kingroot app by following the link (http://d.kingoapp.com/default/KingoRoot.apk).
- Once the app is downloaded on your smartphone tap on the app for installation.
- Before installation the app required your permission because you are installing a custom app so when a pop-up prompt message will be appeared titled INSTALL BLOCKED just go to SETTINGS and tap on UNKNOWN SOURCE as shown in Figure.
- Now the app will begin to install, once installed open it and tap on button ONE CLICK ROOT.
- Once the process is finished your phone will be rooted. Be patient during the period of root because some can take upto 30 minutes to root and make sure your phone does not disconnect from internet during rooting.
2) Through SRSRoot Software
The second method to root is quite bothersome and you need usb cable and computer to root.
- Go to the following website “http://www.srsroot.com/” and install the software on your computer by clicking on download tab given at top of the page.
- Once installed open software and connect your smartphone via USB Cable.
- Make sure you enable USB DEBUGGING before continuing.
- Now click on ROOT DEVICE button on top left corner to start rooting device.
If you are looking for more apps like Kingoroot then try these out – Framaroot and SRSroot.
How to Unroot LG Nexus 5
Just like rooting you should unroot your phone whenever you visit customer service office to repair your smartphone or installing operating system updates on your smartphone.
Using Supersu App
- Go To Playstore and Download Supersu App.
- Now go to settings page, scroll down and tap on FULL UNROOT.
Using Es File Explorer
- Go to play store and download the app ES File Explorer on your Internal Storage
- Once installed open the app and click on MENU mentioned on top left side of the page.
- Now tap on Tools and then turn on ROOT EXPLORER.
- After turn on Root Explorer go back to the app dashboard and go back to destination “/”.
- Now go to folder SYSTEM -> BIN and delete file SU.
- Then go back to another folder SYSTEM -> XBIN and delete file SU.
- Now go back to folder SYSTEM -> APP and then remove SUPERUSER.APK file.
- Once the files are deleted reboot your phone, congrats your phone is unroot.
For more information on how to Root and Unroot LG Nexus 5 stay updated with this website.