LG G7 ThinQ Root:- Root is a way to bypass security restrictions in an android phone. At the time of installing android OS into the smartphone brand manufacturer installed a set of additional settings and applications. One of these settings is hiding OS Files and Folders and restricting users and third-party applications to access them. A developer can easily access and remove this restriction through the SDK tool but non-technical users need an easy solution so root softwares are made.
With the help of root software and applications, smartphone users can easily bypass that security software and allow full control over their phone hardware and software. As there are benefits there are risks of using root software as well. The first and foremost disadvantage of the root is your remaining warranty gets revoked and your phone is vulnerable to cyber-attacks. If you are aware of the advantages and risks and still want to root your phone then follow the step-by-step guide given below:-
A bit about LG G7 ThinQ before rooting
Display: 6.1-inch IPS LCD (1440 x 3120 Resolution)
Operating System: Android v8.0 Oreo
Processor: 2.8 GHz Octa Core
Internal Space: 64/128 GB
Battery: 3000 mAH (Upto 14.0 Hours of Talktime)
How to Root LG G7 ThinQ
Before following one of our methods to root your device please activate debugging mode in your smartphone.
1) Using Kingroot App
- Download and Install kingroot apk file by following the link (http://d.kingoapp.com/default/KingoRoot.apk).
- Once the app is downloaded on your smartphone tap on the app for installation.
- Before installation, the app required your permission because you are installing a custom app so when a pop-up prompt message will be appeared titled INSTALL BLOCKED just go to SETTINGS and tap on UNKNOWN SOURCE as shown in Figure.
- Now the app will begin to install, once installed open it and tap on the button ONE CLICK ROOT.
- Once the process is finished your phone will be rooted. Be patient during the period of rooting because some can take up to 30 minutes to root and make sure your phone does not disconnect from the internet during rooting.
2) Through SRS Root
The second method to root a phone is quite bothersome because in this method you will need a USB cable and computer to root your smartphone.
- Go to the following website “http://www.srsroot.com/” and install the software on your computer by clicking on the download tab given at top of the page.
- Once installed open the software and connect your smartphone via USB Cable.
- Make sure you enable USB DEBUGGING before continuing.
- Now click on the ROOT DEVICE button on the top left corner to start rooting a device.
If you are looking for more apps like Kingroot then try these out – Framaroot and Towelroot. The method of installing each app will be the same as given in Kingoroot.
In case none of the root applications works on your phone which is really rare then you can try Systemless Root.
How to Unroot LG G7 ThinQ
Just like rooting you should unroot your phone whenever you visit the customer service office to repair your smartphone or install operating system updates on your smartphone.
Using Supersu App
- Go To Playstore and Download Supersu App.
- Open Application and then go to the settings page, scroll down and tap on FULL UNROOT.
Using Es File Explorer
- Go to the play store and download the app ES File Explorer on your Internal Storage
- Once installed open the app and click on the MENU mentioned on the top left side of the page.
- Now tap on Tools and then turn on ROOT EXPLORER.
- After turning on Root Explorer go back to the app dashboard and go back to destination “/”.
- Now go to folder SYSTEM -> BIN and delete file SU.
- Then go back to another folder SYSTEM -> XBIN and delete file SU.
- Now go back to the folder SYSTEM -> APP and then remove the SUPERUSER.APK file.
- Once the files are deleted reboot your phone, congrats your phone is unrooted.
For more information on Root and Unroot LG G7 ThinQ stay updated with this website.