Lenovo S660 Root:- Are your phone is not compatible with the latest version of the android operating system? Do you want to add additional function in your phone? If you desire to make your phone unique to others then you should probably try rooting method. Rooting is a process in which you hack your phone operating system files and data to modify it. If you are using android smartphone for quite some-time then you should have noticed or known about bloatwares, pre-installed app on your phone and reserved space by OS. You could remove all the files with the help of rooting method and even apply function on home screen that would activate on key combination such as hard reset. If you want to root or unroot phone with the easiest way possible then you should follow the method given below:-
A bit about Lenovo S660 before rooting
Display: 4.7 inch IPS LCD (540 x 960 Resolution)
Launched: February 2014
Operating System: Android v4.2 Jelly Bean
Processor: 1.3 GHz Quad Core
Internal Space: 8 GB
Battery : 3000 mAh Li-Po (Upto 17.4 hours of Talktime)
How to Root Lenovo S660
Rooting a phone was never been easy in the past but thanks to the community of developers now there are various apps that allow you to root your phone without the need of computer. Below are the two step by step methods in which i have mentioned how you can root you phone with or without PC.
Before following one of our methods to root your device please activate debugging mode in your smartphone.
1) Using Kingroot App
- Download and Install kingroot app by following the link (http://d.kingoapp.com/default/KingoRoot.apk).
- Once the app is downloaded on your smartphone tap on the app for installation.
- Before installation the app required your permission because you are installing a custom app so when a pop-up prompt message will be appeared titled INSTALL BLOCKED just go to SETTINGS and tap on UNKNOWN SOURCE as shown in Figure.
- Now the app will begin to install, once installed open it and tap on button ONE CLICK ROOT.
- Once the process is finished your phone will be rooted. Be patient during the period of root because some can take upto 30 minutes to root and make sure your phone does not disconnect from internet during rooting.
2) Through SRSRoot Software
The second method to root is quite bothersome and you need usb cable and computer to root.
- Go to the following website “http://www.srsroot.com/” and install the software on your computer by clicking on download tab given at top of the page.
- Once installed open software and connect your smartphone via USB Cable.
- Make sure you enable USB DEBUGGING before continuing.
- Now click on ROOT DEVICE button on top left corner to start rooting device.
If you are looking for more apps like Kingoroot then try these out – Framaroot and Towelroot
How to Unroot Lenovo S660
Just like rooting you should unroot your phone whenever you visit customer service office to repair your smartphone or installing operating system updates on your smartphone.
Using Supersu App
- Go To Playstore and Download Supersu App.
- Now go to settings page, scroll down and tap on FULL UNROOT.
Using Universal Unroot
Another promising app you should try if the method above failed to unroot your smartphone.
- Visit android play store and install the app Universal Unroot on your smartphone.
- Once installed open the app and tap on UNROOT button.
- Once unroot process was finished then your phone is automatically rebooted and your phone is not rooted anymore.
For more information on how to Root and Unroot Lenovo S660 stay updated with this website.