Error Code 505 pop-ups on the android phone when you try to install an application from the play store. This Error Code usually appears when you upgrade your android phone to Lollipop, Marshmallow or Nougat version. In some phones, this error must’ve arisen due to compatibility issues with the previous version while in most of the phones the cache and data of the play store are responsible for this error. Because the error arises due to multiple reasons we have prepared a list of workaround to fix 505 error code on your android phone.
#1 Clear Cache and Data of Play Store
- Go to your phone’s SETTINGS -> APPS.
- Scroll down and tap on the Application Google Play Store and then tap on button Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Go Back and then tap on the Application Google Play Service and then Clear Cache and Data.
- Now try to install the application from Play Store Again.
#2 Restart Your Phone
If you are installing the same application again after upgrading your phone then the OS confliction may arise due to upgrade which may result in a 505 error. To Fix the error follow the workaround:-
- Restart / Reboot your phone to automatically erase the cache data of the previously installed applications.
#3 Adjusting or Configuring Applications
In some android phone this solution worked:-
Adjusting Date and Time
Go to your phone Settings -> Date and Time. Deactivate the Automatic Date and Time and option. Now you can manually adjust the new date and time. Try to put any false past date and then retry to install the application from the play store. Believe me or not many users have fix 505 issues using date and time change trick.
Log out from Google Account and Log-in Again
To fix 505 play store error on your phone you can follow a simple workaround to log out and log-in again on your google account. Go to phone Settings -> Accounts. Tap on Google and then tap on Remove Option. Restart your phone and then go to the Accounts section again. This time tap on option add a new account and add google account information. Try to install the application from the play store again.
#4 Uninstalling Third-Party or Rooted Apps
If the 505 error code still pop-up then try to uninstall troublesome apps from your phone which will directly or indirectly impact your system app. Uninstall these apps one by one and try to install the application from play store to check if the workaround works for you.
#5 Remove or Upgrade Play Store Updates
If you have followed the above 4 workarounds and still your 505 code problem hasn’t fixed then follow the below workaround:-
- Go To Settings -> Apps.
- Scroll down and tap on Google Play Store.
- Now tap on the three-dot icon on the top right side of the screen and then click on Uninstall Updates.
- Go back and then tap on the app Google Play Service.
- Tap on the three-dot icon given at the top right side of the screen and then click on Uninstall Updates.
- Try to install the app again from the play store.
#6 Factory Reset or Hard Reset
In sixth and final workaround to fix 505 errors on an android phone, you should factory reset your phone first followed by hard reset. In factory reset, you will restore all factory settings on your phone while on hard reset you will erase all the stored in internal storage.
- Go To Phone Settings -> About.
- Scroll down and tap on reset phone/ factory reset.
- Follow the step by step procedure to factory reset your phone.
Note: This step will erase everything except OS from your phone including contacts, messages, login credentials, etc so use this method as your last resort.
- Switch off your phone and tap on the hard reset buttons to boot your phone into recovery mode.
- You have to identify the correct hard reset phone for example in some brands the hard reset code will be Power + Volume Up button or Power + Volume Down button. These buttons vary phone to phone so make sure you choose the correct buttons for your phone.
- Tap and hold these buttons and wait till your phone vibrates. Release the button and wait for the system to boot into recovery mode.
- Tap on the volume button to scroll between options and select the hard reset button by tapping on the power button.
- Wait for the hard reset process to be finished. Now use the play store to install the app again.
For more information on Fixing Google Play Store Error Code 505 on Android Phone stay updated to this page.