For being one of the popular application on internet social media giant facebook still facing some issues on the application side as well as on its online portal. There are many users who have reported different issues on various forums, websites and support team to solve the problem that’s currently encountered by them. The basic solution which everybody recommends under the same circumstances is rebooting your device but there are some errors that would take more than just rebooting to fix and one of them is “Unfortunately Facebook Has Stopped”.
The problem persists when users are browsing the application and suddenly the application hangs and closed leaving a pop-up error message in which it’s written: “Unfortunately Facebook Has Stopped” with two action button displayed at bottom the first one is Report and the second one is OK. The report button can forward the problem to the developer’s team so that developers can consider the problem and developed an appropriate function to cure the problem in the next update or you can tap on the OK button and looking for a solution regarding the problem. In this page, I will walk you through the step by step instruction on how to fix this problem in your Android phone:-
How to Fix Unfortunately Facebook Has Stopped Error on Android Phone
Currently there are three methods to solve “Unfortunately Facebook Has Stopped” error in your android phone because in various circumstances the solution might differ so I recommend you to try each and every method once the above one fails.
Method #1 Through Settings
- Go to SETTINGS and tap on APPS or APPLICATION MANAGER.
- Now select ALL APPLICATION by swiping the tab bar.
- Now scroll down and look for application FACEBOOK and tap on it.
- Now various facebook settings option will be displayed you have to look for two buttons CLEAR CACHE and CLEAR DATA and tap on it.
- Once you clear the data and cache reboot your phone and try to access FB again.
Method #2 Perform a Factory Reset
- Go to Settings option and search for option Backup and Reset.
- In Backup and Reset tap on option Factory Data Reset.
- You will be prompted to enter your password if you set any fill out your password and continue the process of factory reset.
- Once the process is complete reboot your phone and then try to access facebook to see if its working or not.
Method #3 Remove or Update Software
Sometimes other application poses a problem to not work facebook application on your phone so if you’ve installed any other application before you encountered this strange error then remove it for some time and try to run facebook application again. If the application works after you uninstall the particular application then it means that the problem is within apps. If in any case the app still not work then follow the instructions as follows:-
- Check on Play store if an updated version of the application is available. If it’s not available then go to Settings -> Apps -> All Apps -> Facebook and uninstall the application.
- Reinstall the app and reboot the device to check if Facebook is still working or not.
Let me know if the above the three method works in your android phone by typing “Done” in the comment section. In case if none of the methods works in your phone type your phone name, model number and which version of the Facebook application you are using.