With over one billion active users WhatsApp is sitting on the throne of social media applications. Almost every person in your contact list is using Whatsapp as their best mode of sending messages. In your day to day life, you’ve seen a lot of Whatsapp messages from your friends or family member. Sometimes you want to reply to the received message but sometimes you want to ignore the user because you don’t want to engage in a long conversation.
The default settings of WhatsApp allow the sender to view the delivery status of the sent message as a blue tick. The user who sent the messages is expecting you to react to the message unaware of your situation if you’re busy somewhere or not. You’ve probably don’t want to spend your time on an argument later on so to save you from the situation we’ve prepared a step by step guide to disable blue tick icon on your WhatsApp.
Disabling Blue Ticks in Whatsapp
- Open Whatsapp and tap on the THREE DOTS icon given at the top right side of the app.
- On the POP-DOWN icon tap on the option SETTINGS.
- In settings page tap on the option ACCOUNT.
- In Accounts page tap on the option PRIVACY.
- Scroll down to the bottom of Privacy Page and disable the option READ RECEIPTS.
For more information on Disable Blue Ticks in Whatsapp stay updated to this website.