Clear Instagram Search History:- Instagram is one of the popular social media platforms on the internet and everyday users have searched plenty of profiles and content posted on the website. When you search a query or a profile on Instagram a record related to the query you have searched has been recorded on the database. Records that were stored in the website database will be used in the next time you searched for a query in the form of auto-suggest. An example will be seen when you started to type a word in the search field, when you type a word in the search field it will show you the recent word you have typed in which the same alphabet have mentioned. Recording such data of users can create confusion for some users because first, a user thinks the data should be stored in his computer, not on some company server and secondly why a company needs our data. Some users scared of being their data been stored on the company server because they are either searched for unknown profiles or some hot stuff on Instagram. Whatever your reason should be I am here to guide you how you can clear your Instagram search history.
Also Read:- View Private Photos and Profile on Instagram
Clearing Instagram Search History
Instagram does not clear the search history automatically, you have to manually entered the command to delete your search history:-
- Open your Instagram application and then tap on Profile Icon given at the bottom right side of the page.
- On Profile Page tap on three straight lines given at the top right side of the page and then on the bottom of the page tap on SETTINGS.
- Now scroll down and tap on option Search History.
- On Search History page tap on option Clear Search History.
Clear Cache and App Data
If autosuggest still available after following the above method then the data should be stored on the internal application which will be fixed after you clearing the data.
- Go to Settings and then tap on Applications or Application Settings.
- Now Navigate to Tab ALL APPS.
- Now Scroll down to application Instagram and tap on it.
- In Instagram Application, you will find two buttons Clear App Data and Clear App Cache. Tap on both of the buttons and then restart your device.
Let me know if you have cleared your Instagram Search History or you are facing any kind of trouble by following the above mention method by writing to us in the comment section.