Handshaker is one of the popular file transfer tool that allows Android phone and MacOS computer to edit, view, delete or share files. OS X is short in terms of software that can successfully pair your Android phone with the system. Currently, the easiest way to connect both devices is by using Google Based Android File Transfer App but after seeing issues post on social media and forum websites we have to search for an alternative way to pair the Android phone with OS X.
There are other applications that allow you to pair both devices but we found handshaker app quite interesting among them. First of all the app has a nice looking interface with a bunch of inbuilt features such as drag and drop file on another folder. The application prompt step by step instruction on the computer screen that can be understood by the first timer. We have tested the app on some brand and can say that it should be perfectly fine with the rest of Android Smartphone.
The software is designed and developed by smartasian technology to transfer their phone data to the OS X but later on, the application is posted on the different third-party store to be used by anyone. The problem with this android file transfer application is that you need to install a handshaker APK file on your phone that will sync your phone with computer via USB Cable. Some users don’t like third party APK to be installed on their phone because of the security or malware concerns but after testing the phone with different antivirus I couldn’t find any malware or something that threaten the security of my phone.
Download and Install Handshaker Application on Your MacOS
- Download and Install Handshaker Application on macOS and Windows Computer.
- Once the installation is finished open the App and you will see a page on your screen “Connect your Phone”.
- Now Connect your phone with computer via USB Cable. Once your phone is connected to the computer a screen will be prompt with two options View and Cancel.
- Tap on the View button and you will be redirected to a browser page from where you can download the Handshaker.APK file. You can also download the APK file from this source.
- After downloaded install the APK file on your phone.
- Once APK file installed, remove the USB Cable and plug-in again.
- That’s All! Now you can view files and folder of your android phone on your computer.
PS: In case the application does not work on your phone then activate USB debugging mode on your phone first and then try again.
For more information on Transferring Android and MacOS files stay updated to this page.